The main features of SoundMexPro include:
- Multichannel sound playback and harddisk recording with sample-accurate synchronization of all channels
- Unlimited number of virtual audio tracks (virtual recording studio).
- Real-time mixing and processing of virtual tracks
- Level control for tracks and channels.
- Playback of multiple file formats and MATLAB®/Octave vectors.
- Sound ‘adding’ mode: new audio data can be added at any time while device is already playing (e.g. for online stimulus generation).
- Access to recorded data while device is recording (e.g. for online evaluation)
- DSP-Plugins for real-time signal processing:
- Script based plugins: block-by-block processing with user defined MATLAB®/Octave functions called for every sound buffer on-the-fly.
- Support for Steinberg "Virtual Studio Technology" (VST) effect plugins
- file-to-file operation to test plugins or process audio data as fast as possible
- Ultra low latency I/O (down to ~4 ms): mapping of recorded data to multiple output tracks with optional signal processing using plugins.
- Threshold driven recording
- Real-time visualization of track (audio) data
- Real-time visualization of levels and spectra.
- Mixer GUI
- Xrun (dropout) detection
- Special command for ‘highlighting’ MATLAB®/Octave buttons: highlighting at desired playback ‘positions’ (for signal-synchronous user feedback)
- Additional scripting application to use SoundMexPro without MATLAB®/Octave
You can test SoundMexPro for free: load the full featured demo version from the Download
section. All features are introduced in the detailed tutorial and some typical
applications are shown in the advanced examples shipped with SoundMexPro.